About Me

My photo
Justin and I have truly been blessed so much! We were blessed with quadruplets but 2 have became our guardian angels! We know our baby boys, Addison and Levi are watching down, helping God take care of us and Wesley and Cooper. This is the start of our journey so I have decided to make this blog for updates of all of the emotions and excitement that will happen along the way! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks to everyone for all of the congrats.! We are so excited and are thankful to have great family, friends and community that are wanting to help us! No one will ever understand how much it means to us! If it's your first time visiting our blog, start at the bottom and work your way up, or on the right hand side you can look by date.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beach Bum one day, stuck in the bed the next

Memorial Day Weekend at Surfside Beach

Karen and Steve
My awesome Memorial Day weekend started out great! Justin and I headed to the beach on Friday afternoon and made it there that evening with no trouble. We stopped for rest breaks more than usual. My doctors said going to the beach would be fine but getting out of the car every hour to walk around was a must. I did not care either way I was just ready to get to the beach and relax. We met my mother-in-law Karen and Bryce our nephew out to eat that night before getting to our place. Later on Justin's dad Steve, sister Casey and her boyfriend, Jason got there to join us at the place at Surfside Beach. Karen and Steve's good friends the Doub's were so nice to let our whole family come stay in their beach house for the weekend last minute. First thing Saturday I was on the beach soaking up the sun and enjoying myself quite alot! Later on the rest of the family, my sister-in-law Jessica, our niece Bella and Jessica's boyfriend Ashley got there. Our vacation together was great! We usually all get together go to the beach and this year we had to plan this one last minute since we haven't been sure what the doctors would have me doing later on in my pregnancy. We all had a great time going to the beach and pool together minus Steve, since he doesn't get out to the beach in the sun:( we try every year but for some reason he would rather stay inside all day. Next year it may be hard adding Wesley and Cooper to the mix may be but it will be fun. Beach trips with Justin's side of the family are always so fun and relaxing we hope next year we can go for a week instead of just a long weekend.




Casey, Bryce and Bella























Doctor appointment this Tuesday!!

We had a doctor appointment scheduled for Tuesday so we had to leave the beach early. I was excited to check up on Wesley and Cooper but Justin and I were not ready to come home from the beach. We had our ultrasound first and everything was great both boys heart rates were good. Baby C measured 2lbs 3oz and Baby D measured 2lbs 6oz. No sign of TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome), Yay! So all is good. Next I had my OB appointment where they check on me to make sure I'm measuring good and taking care of myself. We asked if they could check my cervix just to be on the safe side since we haven't checked lately and thank goodness we did. The doctor said I started to dilate a little, 1cm and  50% effaced. Not what I wanted to hear since I had scheduled to go back to work the next day. My body is feeling the pressure from the boys and they just want me to rest and not go to work this week. Next week they will check again a determine what's next, depending on if I do not dilate anymore. I pray I don't. The Doc says this is very normal for a pregnancy such as mine and they just would rather be safe then sorry. I should rest, we want Wesley and Cooper to mature as much as possible so they get here with no problems. So, I am doing absolutely nothing aside from keeping up with work though IChat with my awesome sister and updating my blog:)  Justin has been very supportive and has been making sure I do not do anything except go to the bathroom.
Baby D 
This is not what I wanted to be doing this week but I keep reminding myself I could have been in this position 6 weeks ago. We are very lucky to have Wesley and Cooper staying healthy and I am doing everything I can to make sure they get here safe and sound.






PS: Please pray for our friend Jackson Helmly.
He was diagnosed at birth with a rare kidney disease and has just recently been diagnosed with a rare liver cancer. Please lift this sweet little man, his mom (Megan) and dad (Josh) up in prayer.

Two heads



4 comments:

  1. OK this is probably a weird question, but I've been wondering it since you posted that you lost babies A and B. Are they still in there? Or did you completely miscarry them? Really just curious how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby A and B are still in there. They said that in the case of multiples the leave the babies in there because it could harm the other babies for them to do a DNC. When I give birth the other babies will come out. But they will not be recognizable as babies. But no I had no bleeding, no sign that there was anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I was afraid my curiosity would come off as insensitive. I do hope it wasn't taken as so. For I truly was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm a triplet mom with BBB and I've been following your blog and am so glad to hear that all is going well. Something very similar happened to me--I was on bedrest from 24 weeks on because of cervical issues. I just wanted to say please, please, please be conservative and don't go back to work. In fact, I might ask to go in the hospital at this point or at the very least on complete bed rest. I've learned that while cervical length can change, once you're not only effaced but dilated, you really don't go back. And you definitely don't want to deliver at any time before 32 weeks. I've walked that road, believe me, and it's definitely not pretty. The most important thing at this point is to keep the babies in and cooking, and keeping pressure off your cervix is the best way to do that. Not all doctors believe in bed rest, but mine did (head of OB at Brigham & Women's in Boston) and I strongly believe it saved my pregnancy. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete